Apple is undoubtedly one of the biggest names in the Tech industry particularly known for its laptops and iPhones. Like every year, this year too the company launched its iPhone 13 series in September and it finally arrives within this week in Nepal. They launched the phone in 4 different models with different specifications. Here we’re going to talk about the iPhone 13 pro. The iPhone 13 pro brings the much-awaited 120hz screen. The iPhone 13 Pro with a starting price of Rs.1,74,990 of the base 128GB variant.
iPhone 13 Pro Overview
This year’s iPhone pro series brings several minor and major upgrades in several aspects be it camera, charging, display, battery, and more.
What’s new in this iPhone 13 pro?
- A15 Bionic Chipset
- 20% smaller notch
- 120Hz ProMotion support
- Cinematic video mode
- Peak 1200 nits XDR display
- New color variants
- iOS 15
The new iPhone 13 pro brings the same design as the 12 series, glass back with an aluminum frame. However, there are two major changes: the arrangement of Rear camera sensors and the Size of Notch is decreased by 20% whilst keeping all the features like Face Id.
iPhone 13 pro has Ceramic Shield built which is tougher than any smartphone glass, according to the company. The iPhone has a sleek design with a flat glass back and rounded corners.
The display of the iPhone 13 Pro is a 6.1-inches OLED display protected by Scratch-resistant ceramic glass with an oleophobic coating. It supports 2532 x 1170 pixels resolution, HDR10, Dolby Vision, and 1000 nits normal brightness which can reach up to 1200 nits during HDR playbacks. The display has a screen-to-body ratio of 86.0%.
Iphones are generally known for their powerful processors and high raw performance be it CPU or GPU. They generally set a benchmark for the upcoming Android smartphones. This year’s iPhone chipset gets even better and powerful with the new A15 Bionic. iPhone 13 Pro is powered by an A15 Bionic chipset which is a Hexa-core processor based on 5nm technology with 2 performance and 4 efficiency cores.
Talking about the performance, iPhone 13 pro has a 4‑core GPU and New 16‑core Neural Engine. The iPhone 13 pro has been putting more focus on Machine Learning as the 16 core Neural Engine can perform 15.8 trillion operations per second. The price of the iPhone 13 Pro in Nepal varies with its storage variants as the device is available in 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB and 1TB with no option to add external storage cards.
iPhones have always been known for their great camera quality and post-processing for photos and this year the same as the iPhone 13 pro comes with better sensors and different arrangements. The iPhone 13 Pro has a triple camera system with a 12 MP Primary wide lens with sensor-shift OIS and 12MP Ultra-wide lens with 120˚ Field-Of-View and a 12 MP f/2.8 3X telephoto lens. On the front, it has a single 12 MP Selfie Camera having Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control. This also has a LIDAR sensor for several AR tasks.
Talking about the video recording, The iPhone 13 pro brings a huge upgrade in quality and modes over its predecessors. The rear camera can shoot a 4K video recording at 24 fps, 25 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps which is the same as the front camera. But the upgrade here is the inclusion of Cinematic mode for recording videos that have quality enough for making short movies with shallow depth of field (in 1080p at 30 fps).
Battery & Others
The battery capacity also brings a decent upgrade over its predecessor as it boasts a 3095mAh battery that can easily last a day and a half.It can charge up to 50% in 30 minutes with a 20W adapter or higher which is available separately. It also supports 7.5watts Qi fast charging and 15watt Magsafe charging. Recently, Apple omitted the inclusion of a power adapter in the box and focused more on MagSafe charging. Apple is still not interested in micro USB as this device arrives with Lightning, USB 2.0.
For the color options, iPhone 13 pro arrives with Graphite, Gold, Silver, and Sierra Blue color options. On the software front, the iPhone 13 Pro is running on iOS 15.
iPhone 13 Pro Technical Specifications
- 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.65 mm
- 204 grams
- Ceramic Shield, Glass front, Glass back , Aluminum frame,
- 6.1 inches Super Retina XDR OLED, Dolby Vision, HDR10
- 86% screen-to-body ratio, 1170 x 2532 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio, 460ppi density
- Apple A15 Bionic
- 5 nm Technology
- GPU: 4‑core GPU
- Memory: 128/256/512GB/1TB
- OS: iOS 15
- Rear Camera: Triple Camera Setup
- 12 MP, f/1.6 aperture, sensor-shift OIS [Primary Camera]
- 12 Mega Pixels, f/2.4 aperture, 120˚ [Ultrawide]
- 12 MP f/2.8 [Telephoto lens]
- Rear Camera Video: 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps
- Front Camera:
- 12 MP, f/2.2 [Primary Wide Lens]
- Advanced bokeh and Depth Control
- Face ID Facial Recognition
- Front Camera Video: 4K@24/25/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps
- Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) with 2×2 MIMO,
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness
- NFC with reader mode
- Bluetooth 5.2
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz and mmWave)
- Built-in GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and BeiDou, Digital compass
- Lightning, USB 2.0
- Dual SIM (Nano+eSIM or dual eSIM)
- Sensors: Face ID, Barometer, Three‑axis gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Biometric Security: Face ID
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- MagSafe wireless charging up to 15W
- Qi wireless charging up to 7.5W
- Up to 50% charge in 30 minutes with 20W adapter or higher
- Colors: Graphite, Gold, Silver, Sierra Blue
- iPhone 13 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs. 1,74,990 [128GB] | Rs. 1,91,990 [256GB] | Rs. 2,25,990 [512GB] | Rs. 2,60,990 [1TB]
iPhone 13 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
iPhone 13 Pro is available in Nepal at the starting price of Rs. 1,74,990 for the base variant. It is available for purchase in Nepal on authorized Apple shops, EvoStore and Oliz Store. They are available in different color options Graphite, Gold, Silver, and Sierra Blue.
|iPhone 13 Pro||Price in Nepal|
The iPhone 13 pro is a good deal even though it costs huge in Nepal considering its specifications and the features it packs. The iPhone provides very powerful CPU and GPU performance which feels way too smooth to use with its 120Hz display and as Apple provides 5-year software updates they remain good to use for a long time. The iPhones provide good security against malware compared to Androids.
So, what are your thoughts on the specs and pricing of the device? Share your views in the Comment section below.