As we are near the end of the year 2021, tech companies are preparing various devices, OS, chipsets that would play a big role in 2022. Last week, Qualcomm had announced Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 as the flagship processor for 2022, MediaTek just drop Dimensity 9000 to take on the fight. The battle between MediaTek 900 and Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 would be legendary to watch in 2022.
MediaTek Dimensity 9000 Overview
Google uses its own Tensor chipset and Apple uses Bionic Processor means Dimensity 900, as well as Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, will fight for the spot in remaining smartphones brands. The popularity of Dimensity processors is growing exponentially and the road for Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 won’t be easier now. This flagship processor arrives with the most powerful and energy-efficient chipset to date with a number of industry-first features.
Architecture of MediaTek Dimensity 9000
MediaTek Dimensity 9000, the Taiwanese chipset, is based on TSMC’s N4 production process and with ARMv9 hardware. It’s an octa-core processor with:
- Ultra-Core – 1x Arm Cortex-X2 at 3.05GHz
- Super-Cores – 3x Arm Cortex-A710 up to 2.85GHz
- Efficiency Cores – 4x Arm Cortex-A510
More key specs of this chipset are:
- World’s first Arm Mali-G710 MC10 graphics processor
- CPU L3 cache + GPU cache + APU cache + SLC cache
- LPDDR5X 7500Mbps support – 20% more power-efficient than LPDDR5
AI Benchmark database scores show that Dimensity 9000 have already beaten Google Tensor, Exynos 2100, Snapdragon 888 and left them in the dust.
|Processor||CPU Cores||AI Score|
|MediaTek Dimensity 9000||1×3.05 GHz X2 &3×2.85 GHz A710 &4x A510||692.5|
|Google Tensor||2×2.8 GHz X1 &2×2.25 GHz A76 &4×1.8 GHz A55||256.9|
|Exynos 2100||1×2.9 GHz X1 &3×2.80 GHz A78 &4×2.2 GHz A55||183.5|
|Snapdragon 888||1×2.84 GHz &3×2.42 GHz &4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680||164.8|
Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and Exynos 2200 are yet to be tested but early prediction says, it’s hard to dethroned Dimensity 9000 from the top spot.
Let’s have a closer look at the features of MediaTek Dimensity 9000.
Dimensity 9000 can support up to a whopping 320MP Camera resolution, breaking the previous record of 200MP. The image signal processor (ISP) is a massive 9 Gigapixels per second which means nine billion pixels per second processing capacity. The flagship 18-bit HDR-ISP design in Dimensity can support HDR video recording in up to three cameras simultaneously.
MediaTek MiraVision 790 in Dimensity 9000 processor supports 180Hz display refresh rate support at Full HD+ resolution or 144Hz at WQHD+ resolution. More on display, it has MediaTek Intelligent Display Sync 2.0 and supports Wi-Fi Display up to 4K60 HDR10+.
- A Closer look at Android 12 (Go edition) | Improvements & New Features
- Best Budget Gaming Phones in Nepal
- WorldLink Announce 600 Mbps Plan With Beacon 3.0 Router
MediaTek HyperEngine 5.0 ensures users can play long-lasting games without lags or frame-drops, thanks to the Arm Mali-G710 MC10 graphics processor. With the support of Industry’s 1st raytracing SDK using Vulkan for Android, Android games can be made with more realistic lighting and reflections support.
- World’s first Bluetooth 5.3 support in smartphones
- Wi-Fi 6E 2×2 (BW160) with up to 15% better performance efficiency than competitor
MediaTek Dimensity 9000 is the first to realize a ‘Release 16’ 5G modem which will bring even more speed in normal 5G.
MediaTek Dimensity 9000 Powered Smartphones
It’s too early to mention the names of smartphones that power the MediaTek Dimensity 9000 processor but most of the brands have already booked for this chipset. Some of the confirmed smartphones with this chipset are:
- Oppo Find X 2022
- Redmi K50 Series
We’ll be updating this list as soon as any new smartphone with this processor gets confirmed.
MediaTek Dimensity 9000 Specifications
- Process: TSMC’s N4 process
- Core Architecture:
- 1x Arm Cortex-X1 at 3.05GHz
- 3x Arm Cortex-A710 up to 2.85GHz
- 4x Arm Cortex-A510 up to 1.8GHz
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 6E (a/b/g/n/ac/ax)
- Bluetooth 5.3
- Frequency: 7500Mbps
- Memory Type: LPDDR5x
- UFS 3.1
- FHD+ @ 180Hz / WQHD+ @ 144Hz
- Max Camera Sensor Supported: 320MP
- Max Video Capture Resolution: 4K (3840 x 2160)
- MediaTek 5th generation APU
- APU 590 (multi-core)